Friday, October 30, 2009

SFL Friday -- Happy Halloween, Plebes!

Well you know what they say -- "Halloween is for windsurfing" -- so I am going to cut out of here early and catch some glistening, chocolate-covered waves all afternoon.

Before I go, I see my crazy-eyed zoftig birther mama caught some more federal judicial flak today, this time coming from C.D. CA Judge David O. Carter, who wrote:
"Plaintiffs have attacked the judiciary, including every prior court that has dismissed their claim, as unpatriotic and even treasonous for refusing to grant their requests and for adhering to the terms of the Constitution which set forth its jurisdiction. Respecting the constitutional role and jurisdiction of this Court is not unpatriotic."
No, it just means you too had a little visit from an olive-skinned Eric Holder lookalike at the courthouse coffeeshop.

(BTW, I had no idea Alan Keyes was a plaintiff in the above suit -- talk about the loony leading the crazy.)

Then we have Hunton & Williams, which filed an odd suit on behalf of the US Chamber of Commerce against some pranksters who spoofed their position on climate change the other day.

You can read Hunton lawyer Richard L. Wyatt Jr.'s masterwork here.

Someone remind me -- what's that new opinion on pleading standards again?

In local news, Coral Springs attorney Scott Salomon was finally disbarred.

He certainly gave us plenty of good material over the years (see here and here) so we wish him (not to mention his former clients) farewell and godspeed.

I don't know about you, but like any good deputy assistant AG, I too have a goody bag of things "just in case." But dude -- in a cemetery?

Guess it is that time of the year.

And like many of you, I thought of some costume ideas so I put a few up there for your consideration -- guess which one I'm going as? (NO HINTS!)

Finally, remember whatever you do this weekend to think young, get a good night's rest, and since it's Halloween, get your blood on.

Have a great weekend everybody!


Anonymous said...

No Carver pic?

Anonymous said...

@4:27 SFL does not want to scare anyone.

Anonymous said... darth vader. who'da thunk it.

South Florida Lawyers said...

You're right -- should have went with Carver.

Anonymous said...

453 shumie time on this halloween weekend.

Going trick or treating as the Q!

Anonymous said...

I would think twice before I take any advice from Fox-Faux News.

Anonymous said...

No ones escapes the grasp of THE GAINESVILLE GRINDER!!

Godwhacker said...

Hot Chic,

Hot Chic,

Hot Chic,

Surely my favorite legal blogger is going to be 'fair and balanced' by including at least one scantily clad hot man.

What do I get? Glenn Fat-Assed-Fn' Garvin! I can almost see the food in his beard from here. That is scary! Happy Halloween!

Godwhacker said...

If you want something done right, you have to 'do it' yourself! ;-)

Anonymous said...

What would frighten children more--
Glenn Garvin costume or Chris Carver?

Anonymous said...

GW, I take it you are not a bear lover.

Anonymous said...

Why do people constantly pick on Chris' photo? Sure, it may not hurt if he smiled a little but there's nothing really to make fun of. I've seen it and it's fine.

Godwhacker said...


Oh, there are hot bearish men out there, but Glenn Garvin isn't one of them. Sexuality is far more in the attitude then in the physical appearance, and Garvin's attitude screams "I don't wash my balls". Sexy? I don't think so.

Anonymous said...

Nurture passes nature.


Anonymous said...

"Helo there, nicely I genuinely see that your printed content is rather thoughtful since it highlights an assorted assortment of intriguing info. In any case, was curious whether you would prepared to trade links with my website web site, as I'm seeking to create net links to more enlarge and acquire floor for my web room. I don't really mind you finding my contacts on the sitewide website page, just accepting this links on this unique hyperlink is a lot more than sufficient. Moreover, please reach me at my internet portal if you're keen in the hyperlink trade, I would genuinely like that. I'd like to thanks and i desire to get a reply from you as quickly as achievable! "

Reynold said...

Hey, there's so much useful material above!
discount Milly | inexpensive Day to Night | cheapest Tess Giberson

Duncan said...

Thank you alot for information. to state more, feel free to go to this shop since it is the resource having awfully fine stuff to call.