Monday, October 19, 2009

Two Phrases That Do Not Belong Together -- "Lew Freeman" and "Taint Team"



Hi folks!

So the kids are home, but the judges and lawyers are not (I can tell from all those ECF filing notices), which means we all have to work today.

First off -- did anyone catch Shakira's performance on Saturday Night Live?

It was a bit of a mixed bag, in that I couldn't believe a member of her band was actually playing a Keytar (a fancy new version btw), and yet --criminally -- the Keytarist was not allowed to deliver a mindblowing, gesture-filled epic guitarlike solo! What the hail?

Still, baby steps, baby steps.

I've decided to take it easy on my friend Lew, as I hope he makes it through this FBI process ok.

But given Lew's history with certain sewage-related metaphors, I'm not certain we want to go there:

"If you're going to go into a lawyer's office, it's got to be vetted and approved by someone up the chain," says Troutman Sanders partner Roscoe Howard, Jr., a former U.S. attorney for the District of Columbia, who is not involved in the case. "It's in the U.S. attorney's manual and the big concern is not really the documents you're looking for, but those that you're not looking for and come across that are privileged."

After a judge approves a search warrant on a lawyer's office, Howard explains, a neutral "taint team" from Main Justice reviews the documents seized during the raid to ensure that they address only that which is covered by the search warrant.

So an honest-to-goodness, real life "taint team" has been assembled to review Lew's files?

Oy -- let me think of something pleasant for a minute......come on, come on.....

Got it -- the US has finally opened direct negotiations with MILF.

Longtime MILF fans no doubt will hail this development.

(Wow, that was pretty close there for a minute.)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Taint":

neither fish nor fowl

neither hide nor hair

neither a borrower nor lender be

neither here nor there

neither rain nor sleet

am i missing any?

Anonymous said...

LOL

Lewis B Freeman anagram generator said...

Flambe Newsier
Flambe Wieners
Flambes Wiener
Bailsmen Fewer
A Webs Riflemen
Enable Ref Swim
Enable Few Rims
Enable Mews Fir
Enable Mew Firs
Enable Sew Firm
Enable We Firms
Baleen Ref Swim
Baleen Few Rims
Baleen Mews Fir
Baleen Mew Firs
Baleen Sew Firm
Baleen We Firms

Lew Freeman's Taint Team said...

We're putting on our hip boots, SFL.

Anonymous said...

So when is this blog going to provide some good information on the FBI investigation against Freeman? All we know is that over $3M is "missing"........

South Florida Lawyers said...

I thought the anagrams were somewhat helpful.

The Straw Buyer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Straw Buyer said...

The Straw Buyer said...

"If you're going to go into a lawyer's office, it's got to be vetted and approved by someone up the chain," says Troutman Sanders partner Roscoe Howard, Jr., a former U.S. attorney for the District of Columbia,

Yep!!! What about when a asa sends cops into a lawyers office brandishing their guns to cart away an attorney in cuffs in front of an office full of people? Does that quote apply at the state level as well?

So much for professional courtesy!

The Constant Complainer said...

SFL, I didn't see SNL. I think that showed jumped the shark unfortunately...

I was offline last week fighting a back injury. But I'm back and am finally doing a blog-a-thon on all of my missed posts!

Anonymous said...

I inclination not concur on it. I over precise post. Specially the title-deed attracted me to be familiar with the unscathed story.

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.

Anonymous said...

Opulently I to but I dream the brief should secure more info then it has.

Anonymous said...

Hi friends
Do not miss your chance to get a free iPhone 4G. Visit http://bit.ly/d9QOON

Anonymous said...

Hello,nice post thanks for sharing?. I just joined and I am going to catch up by reading for a while. I hope I can join in soon.