Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Clone Wars!


I love a good clone movie.

Let's see, just off the top of my head you have Bladerunner of course, Boys from Brazil, recently we've had The Governator in The 6th Day and the lovely Jordan Two Delta a/ka Scarlett Johansson in the otherwise execrable The Island.

Would Multiplicity qualify?

Sheesh, I'm sure I'm missing a few.

Anyways, now you can add West Palm Beach uber-PI lawyers Gordon & Doner:

Perhaps it was their glowing tans. Or maybe it was their clean, straight teeth.

Whatever the reason, there was something about the attorneys at Gordon & Doner in Palm Beach Gardens that prompted a Web site to appropriate their likenesses for a law firm purporting to be in England.

Among those who had their likenesses lifted was Adam Doner, whose picture was featured on the mysterious www.maslinassociates.com, the Web site for a Maslin & Associates of Lancashire — and a site that hasn't been available since last week. There, Doner was portrayed as Evans Maslin, the firm's "principal officer."

"Is that unbelievable? They literally hijacked our Web site," Doner said in an interview last week. "This is really off the charts."

It's also pretty weird. Other Gordon & Doner lawyers pictured on the impostor Web site were Daniel Williams (renamed Robert Williams), Richard Rubino (renamed Richard Weston) and Dante Alexander Weston (renamed Alexander Werner).

Not featured, however, was the "face" of Gordon & Doner, Robert Gordon, who regularly appears on television ads, urging injured viewers to contact the firm for legal help. (The law firm's Web site is the appropriately named www.fortheinjured.com .)

All that exposure, Doner said, and Gordon's face was nowhere to be found. "We laugh about it," Doner said.

After they stopped laughing they filed a suit about it, which is now pending before Judge Marra.

No offense guys and you're all perfectly handsome and worthy of replication, but I'll stick with a cloned Scarlett Johansson if that's ok.

12 comments:

  1. The lawsuit is a dumb idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stop cloning around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Calling the shumie @ 1 o'clock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SHUM CLONE CALLED.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stealing someone's likeness, and an entire law firm's web site, is obscene! I hope they win their lawsuit, and I look forward to reading your follow-up post entitled "Making An Obscene Clone Fall."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bladerunner was about "replicants" (androids) not clones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 7:33, you Sir are absolutely correct (and a geek).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best clone made for TV movie ever...the original Stepford Wives

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, I enјoу гeаdіng аll
    οf your post. Ι wanteԁ to write a little cоmment to support
    yοu.

    Fеel frеe to visit my ѕite granite kitchen countertops

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thiѕ is the right webpage for аnyоne ωho гeally
    wants tο understand thіs topic.
    Υou κnow so much its almost hard to argue with
    you (not thаt I really would want to…HaHa). You certainlу ρut
    a fresh ѕpin on a subject thаt has been discussed for yearѕ.

    Wоnderful stuff, just great!

    My blοg pοst: import a Car

    ReplyDelete
  11. Greetings! I knoω thіs is κinda off topic howeνeг I'd figured I'd aѕk.

    Would you be іnterested in trading links οr maуbe
    guest wгiting а blog post or vice-versa?
    My blоg goes over a lot of the same topiсs as yours
    anԁ I feel ωe сould gгeatly bеnefіt frοm еach other.
    If уοu happеn to be inteгeѕted
    fеel fгee tο shoot me an
    emaіl. I loοk fοгward to heaгing from
    yοu! Fantastіc blog by the wау!



    Αlso νisit my ωеb blog coffee pure cleanse drops

    ReplyDelete