Friday, February 19, 2010

SFL Friday -- Heartfelt Apologies to All!


Well it's been an eventful week filled with mirth and merriment, and it's not even over yet.

I mean, just today Tiger read a statement about his sex life and Paul Penichet filed a lawsuit described as "a shakedown" by the (allegedly) very randy defendant, Casaurina owner Pete Halmos.

Then there's the mistrial just declared in Milt Ferrell's asbestos case.

But I was most fascinated by this story that Constant Complainer linked to about a Miami couple who were enticed by monetary incentives and land grants to move to rural North Dakota, where they discovered that midwestern small-town love:

Hay bales, a gas station and a graveyard greet visitors as they roll into Hazelton off the state highway.

Michael Tristani came from his native Florida wearing gold necklaces and a Rolex and driving a Lexus. He proved as foreign as a flamingo in a place where pickups, farm caps and flannel shirts are de rigueur.

"People thought I was a drug dealer," he said.

And that's probably being generous.

Hey, don't feel so bad -- I believe the last Jew to live in that area was played by Gene Wilder and rode in on a horse.

Well kids I'm off to put on my hermetically-sealed windsurfing gear, so stay warm this weekend and eat lots of red, yellow and green food (but then if you're a Star Trek geek you already know that).

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I feed Gagh to my Targ frequently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You forgot Funny Farm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. TO: Fla Supreme Court and all lawyers world wide
    From: Fake Jake Thompson- once and future disbarred lawyer plenipotentiary

    RE: Gotcha!

    It has come to my attention that all of my filings, pleadings, rantings and ravings have been electronically deleted from the 196 court dockets that I have filed my filing files.

    As the late Justice Rutherford Quicy Olmstead of the great Ohio Municipal court once wrote in 1923 in Smythe v. Barum Amusments, "The Florida Bar will one day cause the destruction of the ozone layer, global warming, the collapse of a mortgage bubble, the evisceration of the infield fly rule, the ruination of baseball by the designated hitter rule, and will be indirectly responsible for a woman named Sarah Palin".

    You are now seeing that startling prediction coming true.

    Don't say I didn't warn you.

    You can reinstate me now
    or pay me later.

    Your choice.

    Fake J T Plenipotentiary disbarred lawyer extraordinaire, Earl and OBE (which makes me an Ear lobe), Esq.

    ReplyDelete