Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Vancouver Sun, Pink Sheets, and a Lawyer "Hall of Shame"


If you're like me, when you think Vancouver this year you think crappy weather, dead luger, guys in clown outfits pushing discs around on brooms, and that cute blonde skier, but apparently there's more according to the Vancouver Sun:

"In general, we expect attorneys who provide us with letters to know securities laws, do the work required, and be ethical," Pink Sheets chairman Cromwell Couslon earlier told me.

"We ban them when it becomes apparent they are stupid, lazy or dishonest."

This is truly a dubious distinction. To date, Pink Sheets has relegated 18 lawyers to its Hall of Shame.

Of these, 13 have been cited by the U.S. Securities and Exchange for securities breaches.

Among them are Vancouver lawyer John Briner, Miami Lawyer Joseph Emas, and Seattle lawyer David Otto, all of whom have been extremely active in the Vancouver marketplace.

Hey, at least a South Florida lawyer made the list!

Consider it the bronze, if you will, but I think we can do better.

11 comments:

  1. Any relation to the judge?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "dead luger" comment may be a little too much of a quip, maybe rewrite "tragically dead luger"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't mean to offend, it is very tragic. Very interesting WSJ article today on how commerce and marketing played a role in the design and location of the track.

    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704804204575069753617335586.html?mod=WSJ_hpp_LEFTTopStories

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mike Catalano has pink sheets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just busting your chops...we all know you are a good guy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SFL should apologize.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Re: tragically, I really cried when I saw him die, dead luger

    I'm no engineer, but the guard rail of the track ended precisely at the point where it was most needed.

    Blame Canada

    ReplyDelete
  8. @1:32-- See 10:00am.

    I hear Canadians live in igloos and ice fish on weekends.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know we all make attorney jokes on occasion, and there are certainly some that deserve to be in the Hall of Shame. But we love you, SFL.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ӏ like the valuаblе information уou supply οn your
    агtiсles. I will bοokmark yοur weblog and test
    οnce mοre here regulaгly. Ι am reasonаbly certain I'll be informed many new stuff right right here! Good luck for the next!

    Here is my website ... apache

    ReplyDelete
  11. I usually do nοt write manу comments, hοweѵеr i did somе seаrchіng and wound up here "Vancouver Sun, Pink Sheets, and a Lawyer "Hall of Shame"".
    Anԁ I do have a сouρle
    of questions fοr you if you do not mind.
    Coulԁ it be only me or does it look like some of thеse remarks appear as
    if they are сoming fгom brain dead folκѕ?
    :-P And, if you are posting on οther onlіne siteѕ, I wоulԁ liκe
    to follow evегything nеw уou have tо
    post. Coulԁ you lіst of thе complete uгlѕ οf your
    shared pageѕ likе your Facebοoκ page,
    twitteг feed, or linκedin profile?

    My homеpage: Preserving And Securing Your Possessions With A Sentry Fire Protected

    ReplyDelete