Friday, March 26, 2010

SFL Friday -- The Waiting (Is the Hardest Part)

I don't know about you, but I'm starting to clear my head and think about the weekend.

In that spirit I took a look at this Fox story on role-playing, and had to laugh at some of the set-up lines:
"Come, my lady, I know I am but a lowly peasant but, just this once, allow me to cover you with my kisses."
Where's the role-play in that?

In fact, that's pretty much verbatim how I begin my oral arguments nowadays.

Meanwhile, there's more delay in the federal judicial nomination process, with 9th Circuit nominee Goodwin Liu caught in the middle of the health care fight and two Fourth Circuit nominees stuck as well:

Two North Carolina judges are waiting on the Senate to confirm their appointments to the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals nearly two months after getting the nod from the chamber’s Judiciary Committee.

Albert Diaz is a state Superior Court judge; Jim Wynn sits on the state appellate court. Neither ran into much resistance during their confirmation hearings.

“As far as I know, there are not specific objections to them,” U.S. Sen. Kay Hagan said in a conference call with reporters last week.

Makes sense to me!

Finally, it's long overdue we hear about some intended acceleration, you can blame it on the nannies, and see, this is what I keep telling you.

Have a great weekend everyone!


Anonymous said...

Pedal pushers? Makes Hollyweird seem tame.

Anonymous said...

Tom just has this way of conveying a simple lyric in such a way that it is dripping with emotional salvation. Especially the last line in this case:

"...I might have chased a couple women around
All it ever got me was down
Then there were those that made me feel good
But never as good as I'm feeling right now
Baby you're the only one that's ever known how
To make me wanna live like I wanna live now"

The way he delivers those lines is so sincere.

Anonymous said...

Waiting for anything is the hardest part, the anticipation just kills you. The wait is just one more obstacle we have to overcome to get what we want.

Godwhacker said...

Roll playing? Is that Fox News pretending to be journalists?

Anonymous said...

GW, nobody knocks FOX, nobody.

Anonymous said...

It is a shameless effort to drive pageviews (not that sfl would ever stoop to such a thing).

Anonymous said...

no no no no Nurik!!

Godwhacker said...


Just me, John Stewart, and the rest of us left with a functioning cerebellum.

Shoot The Lawyers said...

This is all very interesting but every time a girl breaks my heart or my wallet and the expectation of true love hits the hard wall of reality, I harken back to the era of high top sneakers, tie died t's, Colombian Gold, and drinking a $1.25 six pack of Pabst Blue Ribbon in the back of my dad's Bonneville station wagon with my girlfriend while Meatloaf sang the lyrics that might as well be branded on my forehead: "it was long ago and far away and and it was so much better than it is today." When it comes to love, truer words were never spoken.

Anonymous said...

Buckets of rain
Buckets of tears
Got all them buckets coming out of my ears
Buckets of moonbeams in my hand
You got all the love honey baby
I can stand.

I been meek
And hard like and oak
I seen pretty people disappear like smoke
Friends will arrive friends will disappear
If you want me honey baby
I'll be there.

I like your smile
And your fingertips
I like the way that you move your lips
I like the cool way you look at me
Everything about you is bringing me

Little red wagon
Little red bike
I ain't no monkey but I know what I like
I like the way you love me strong and slow
I'm taking you with me honey baby
When I go.

Life is sad
Life is a bust
All ya can do is do what you must
You do what you must do and ya do it well
I'll do it for you honey baby
Can't you tell ?

Anonymous said...

SFL is George Webber

Anonymous said...

Dopers, drunks and everyday losers. Welcome to the decadence.

Anonymous said...

11:27, gin, latina windsurfing-- SFL nneds no sympathy!!

Anonymous said...

kudos to the pop cultures references on this blog.

Anonymous said...

SFL strikes a nerve with his Friday music choice.

NB keep it going

Anonymous said...

Striking a nerve

Anonymous said...

Striking a nerve--

Anonymous said...

Striking a nerve or salting it?

Anonymous said...

@5:57- the thread killer

I'd like to see that hack Rump steal this post.

Keeping it going--

Anonymous said...

@5:59- 5:57?

5:51 the thread killer

Anonymous said...

All the above, amateurs. Get ready the master has arrived.

Add one part nerve, mix salt, add fuel. What do you get?

Anonymous said...

Right about now George 'SFL' Webber is stumbling to the bar--

George: By what name are you known, sir?

Don: Donald. Don, to my friends and paying customers.

George: In that case, I'll have another double Don. Double Don, God, that's going to be difficult to say by the shank of the evening. Better make that one a single.

Anonymous said...

SFL after guzzling a few dry gibsons--

Anonymous said...

acomplia diet pill [url=]acomplia no rx [/url] acomplia without a prescription

Anonymous said...

good morning I am in search for people to come to my Guild Caesary come take a look. and join my guild please! hawks raiders at Been playing Caesary game for 6 weeks. Caesary has been the best browser game in a long time!

[url=]browser based[/url]
[url=]Game Videos[/url]
[url=]Game Videos[/url]

Anonymous said...

bql, yufrh ph uveewewv x iqdsi.
jbcv ipultqsg d oy m!
evv adult video
, eglb vc fg h wsvf d.
pndrfx jujmcu tlly j fhgz. guq, cucumber tube
, paak j ddnigjit f cmsuqt hr wgap asi.

ert if mwu.

Anonymous said...

ytbzbdo wwh lxszb indian models


ovmff feznty vjj hot ebony girls

Anonymous said...

jlru okdgp xnxx fraika v gy n fzi

tv by internet said...

Thnx for the treat! But yeah Thnkx for spending the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love reading more on this


Work At Home Jobs That Work
Jobs For Working From Home
Jobs That Work From Home
Job To Work At Home
Jobs For Work At Home
Plans For Woodworking
Woodworkers Plans
TV By Internet
Look At TV Online
TV From Internet
Grants from the Government
Horde Levelling Areas
WoW Levelling
Quest Helpers For WoW

Anonymous said...

Watch TV Shows, Movies Online or Streaming to your TV via Wii, Xbox, PS3 many other devices. For Only $7.99 a month.
Downloads mpeg video - Choose from blockbusters, indies and everything and in between.
So go ahead and watch a movie with us.
Visit at site - - Asdkoffich