Friday, August 6, 2010

Gelber v. Aronberg -- Getting Dirty.

I'm not referring to their handsome faces of course.

I mean that accusations are flying and so is the mud as we get closer to the AG primary:
“In his ad, Aronberg calls Gelber a ‘Miami lawyer.’ This is both unseemly and ironic, considering Aronberg was himself a Miami lawyer,” said Christian Ulvert, Gelber‘s campaign manager. “Dave Aronberg should end his outrageous and false attacks on Dan Gelber. Newspapers across the state have overwhelmingly said Dave Aronberg is engaging in a manufactured campaign that is simply dishonest.
This is true -- they were (are?) both "Miami lawyers."

But I don't get why this is a pejorative.

Let's face it kids, Miami is where most of the sophisticated business transactions and litigation occurs in the state, and thus has the most sophisticated bar and judiciary in the state.

Or is that type of exceptionalism "unseemly"?


Anonymous said...

Don't slam Broweird!

Kissimmee Kid said...

Big city, big firm, lawyers are dishonest dirtbags.

Anonymous said...

I've seen two lawyers almost come to blows when one called the other a Miami Lawyer.

Anonymous said...

If you ain't a Miami lawyer you ain't nothing.

Ed Slavin said...


Rich SOBS with deadliest products
Bright preppy lawyers and deep corporate pockets
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things

Dead injured victims and crookedest conmen
Wiseguys, bad guys and schnitzels with poodles
Tortfeasors, fraudfeasors with G-5s for wings
These are a few of my favorite things

Polluters and price-fixers with limitless cashes
Robber barons who stink -- we’re taking their cashes
Silver white-haired lawyers, we know whom to call
These are a few of my favorite things

When the press bites
When the court stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad

[Repeat all verses]

SuperBee said...

I really don't see how just because we actually read the Rules of Civil Procedure, and apply them as written, and interpreted, we're seen as doing anything wrong.

I see no difference in being called a "lawyer" who follows the rules, and a gentleman. It's easy to be indignant when you were outmaneuvered, and our Clients pay us to be gentlemen, but to use the rules as written. If that calls for a reading of the rules that's more correct than some would like - well, them's the rules.

Litigation's fast-paced and detail oriented. The devil's in the details;

And everyone's eventually gonna lose a hearing... or a case.

Anonymous said...

gelber does deserve some shit for being with is a billing machine, a fraud,

Search Engine Marketing said...

I really enjoyed your article and your website. I have bookmarked it and added it to my favorite one for future updates and posts.