Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Kanye West To Mediate with Suge By "Telephone"


This Solomonic order by Judge Seitz splits the Kanye West mediation baby nicely in half:  you can go be "outside the continental United States" when you are supposed to be mediating in Miami, but you have to appear by telephone and you need to send some authorized flunkies to go sit in a room with Suge.

Listen, I agree with Kanye -- if the choice is between rapping with Beyonce or sitting in a conference room on Brickell with a bunch of lawyers, I think I know what I would choose.

But the telephone is so dated -- why not let Kanye appear via Skype or better yet his Twitter feed, filled with recent and utterly charming bon mots such as "Sometimes I get emotional over fonts."

Did I mention this guy is hanging around with Beyonce?

11 comments:

  1. I meant "Sometimes I get so emotional over FARTS."

    ReplyDelete
  2. mediation by telephone is a waste of everyone's money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "He should be announcing that we should go back to the moon… We should never have left there. We should go to the moon and prepare a base to fire a rocket off to Mars and then go to Mars and colonize Mars. Then when we do that, we will live forever."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait . . . Jay Z or Kanye?

    ReplyDelete
  5. fake Glenn GreenwaldAugust 18, 2010 at 4:14 PM

    It is difficult to believe that America is having a debate over whether to impose, in essence, a Muslim-free zone near ground zero. The argument against the proposed Park51 community center is necessarily and definitively grounded in bigotry: the premise that Muslims generally are responsible for the 9/11 attack, as opposed to the handful of extremists who actually perpetrated it.

    All forms of bigotry are ultimately reducible to the same mindset: imposing guilt on a large demographic group for the aberrational acts of a few individual members. Many of the nation's most shameful acts -- best exemplified by the World War II internment of Japanese-Americans -- have been driven by precisely this impulse. The right-wing campaign to bar from the vicinity of ground zero a Muslim group which has no remote connection to 9/11 is a classic case of that warped mentality; indeed, this campaign is one of the ugliest this country has seen in some time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jay Z, but it was the only angle I could come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, this was a really quality post. In theory I' d like to write like this too - taking time and real effort to make a good article... but what can I say... I procrastinate alot and never seem to get something done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am very new to all of this ...so I am just not positive exactly how to try to it all yet. I'll just keep working on it one day at a time Thanks for any help you can offer here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great points of view. You have a great imagination

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your post is really valuable for me. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this piece of writing is fastidious, my younger sister is analyzing these
    kinds of things, thus I am going to convey her.


    My page ... Christian Louboutin Discount

    ReplyDelete