Friday, October 1, 2010

Bob Ratiner Suspended For 60 Days Over Deposition "Laptop Incident."

Please please please someone forward the three-minute video:

Even though the suspension term imposed is not one that would require respondent to prove rehabilitation prior to reinstatement, we must emphasize that respondent’s behavior during the laptop incident was unacceptable and unbecoming of any member of the Bar, especially one who has been a practicing attorney for more than nineteen years. In recognition of this, we determine that the sanction of a suspension should be coupled with a public reprimand and should be followed by a two-year period of probation. During the probationary period, respondent shall be required to undergo mental health counseling and prepare and mail letters of apology to the deponent, the court reporters, and the videographer present during the May 2007 deposition at issue. Further, during the probationary period, he shall be accompanied by co-counsel approved by the Bar during any depositions and other legal proceedings where a judge is not presiding or, alternatively, he shall ensure that such appearances or proceedings are video-recorded.
It's interesting that the letters of apology -- just like Rosh Hashanah btw! -- do not include opposing counsel, the apparent subject of the alleged tirade.

I know somebody has this video. 


Anonymous said...

Ahem . . . putting a deposition sticker on my laptop during my depo is like keying my car. He should have got his ass kicked right then and right there

Btw: was Rosenfeldt the consultant who offered the Xanax?

Anonymous said...

Disbar the Florida Bar on 880 the biz is the best talk radio show around. The Bar has shown itself incapable of regulating attorneys.

Attorneys should be regulated by the state, and not by the Bar!

Anonymous said...

What jackoff puts an exhibit sticker on a lawyer's laptop??

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful day.

I'm shuming it.

Going to the beach for an afternoon dip and some bikini watching while sipping a few cold one.

Whose with me?

Anonymous said...

the Supreme Court in footnote 4 recommended that the video be made available for viewing in connection with professionalism courses. this blog would be a great conduit for the video. we can all file accreditation forms based on our readership of this blog. i know i've spent at least 30 hours in the last 3 years reading this blog. 5 of those hours concerned ethics.

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I log on to your blog regularly. Your story-telling style is witty,
keep doing what you're doing!

Review my web page :: Free Minecraft Online

Anonymous said...

My brother suggested I might like this blog. He used to be
totally right. This submit truly made my day. You cann't consider just how so much time I had spent for this info! Thanks!

Also visit my blog: best e cigs liquid

Anonymous said...

I leave a response each time I like a article on a blog or if I have something to contribute to the conversation. It is a
result of the passion displayed in the article I read. And on this post "Bob Ratiner Suspended For 60 Days Over Deposition "Laptop Incident."".

I was moved enough to post a thought :) I actually do have some questions
for you if you do not mind. Could it be simply me or do some of the responses appear like they are written by brain dead people?
:-P And, if you are posting on other places, I would like to keep up with everything fresh you have to post.
Would you make a list the complete urls of all your communal
pages like your twitter feed, Facebook page or linkedin profile?

Here is my homepage :: top dog (

Anonymous said...

Hi! Great posts here. please do keep us updated.

Here is my web page ... Vigrx Plus (Http://Sagemath-Edu.Fr/Wiki/Sagemath-Edu.Fr/Doku.Php?Id=Learn_The_Beauty_Tips_Of_The_Pros_724)

Anonymous said...

This post presents clear idea in support of the new visitors of blogging, that really how to do blogging.

Feel free to surf to my webpage: on Bing