Tuesday, November 30, 2010

"I Know."



Boy first Leslie Nielson and now Irvin Kershner, the director of The Empire Strikes Back.

BTW, Kerschner was the real deal:
During production, Kershner focused on providing more depth to the characters that Lucas created, and even went on to have a sharp disagreement with him over dialogue of Han Solo (Harrison Ford) in the pivotal carbon-freezing scene.
In the original script, Solo was to reply to Princess Leia’s (Carrie Fisher) “I love you,” with “I love you, too.” However, not seeing this as something that a smuggler like Solo would say, Kershner insisted that it be changed to “I know.” 
George Lucas needs to find another Irvin Kershner.

RIP

5 comments:

  1. The WikiLeaks disclosure has revealed not only numerous government secrets, but also the driving mentality of major factions in our political and media class. Simply put, there are few countries in the world with citizenries and especially media outlets more devoted to serving, protecting and venerating government authorities than the U.S. Indeed, I don't quite recall any entity producing as much bipartisan contempt across the American political spectrum as WikiLeaks has: as usual, for authoritarian minds, those who expose secrets are far more hated than those in power who commit heinous acts using secrecy as their principal weapon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...that's not the way the actors tell the story. I saw an interview years ago where, I recall it being Carrie Fisher, said that they kept shooting that scene over and over because EVERYONE, thought the line sucked. They kept asking Ford to repeat the line with different infections with hope of acting away the crappy line. Finally Harrison Ford just said "I know" and it worked.

    Maybe we're giving too much credit to the dead? Or Maybe Carrie Fisher was just cracked out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hshithpscls, Xrumer tutorials , UwpwXxq.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will add that Please check http://gofitquick.com since this is a website having incredibly nice subjects to glance at.Thanx a lot for post.
    5 | 4 | 7

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there colleagues, how is everything, and what you want to say regarding this article, in my view its in fact amazing designed for me.


    my blog post - how to get a gf

    ReplyDelete