Friday, December 31, 2010

4th DCA Upholds Class Action Suit Against NBA Commish David Stern!

Well that's what it looked like when I opened up my Herald this morning, which had a file photo of NBA Commissioner David J. Stern accompanying this story about Plantation Foreclosure King David J. Stern:
A state appeals court in West Palm Beach has ruled a class-action lawsuit claiming Plantation attorney David J. Stern charged excessive fees to homeowners fighting their foreclosures can move forward, three years after it was first filed.

The 4th District Court of Appeal's opinion upheld an earlier decision by Palm Beach Circuit Judge Thomas Barkdull. Barkdull had granted class-action certification to a suit brought by Boynton Beach electrician Loren Banner against his lender, Wells Fargo Bank, Stern and Stern's firm, which handled Wells Fargo's foreclosure work.
Who says the Herald doesn't break news?

(That Stern is one busy cat.)


Anonymous said...

Who reads the newspaper?

Shoot The Lawyers said...

I agree. I read this post and the first thing that hit my mind was "he reads a newspaper?" Maybe it is a mistake and he meant to say that he picked up his IPad and read it. At the end of the post, I realized it had something to do with David J. Stern. But the image of someone walking in the driveway at 6 am and picking up the paper is so old school. Kinda reminds me of 1967 when I couldn't wait to get my hands on the Boston Globe to check the scores from the previous night's baseball games.

South Florida Lawyers said...

You know what STL -- it's getting harder and harder to find decent box scores in the newspaper anymore.

brian7 said...

Being in lawyer malpractice can cause some major prolems for your life. I found this article to be very informative. Help is out there and it’s easier to find if you know what you’re looking for.