Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Judge Cooke To Decide Important Issues of "Body Darkness Prejudice."



Folks I've been slammed today so I apologize for getting this up a little late.

Let's see, the 11th upheld certain Florida statutory caps on noneconomic damages in med/mal cases, but also certified a few issues to the Florida Supremes because -- surprise -- these issues are "unsettled":
Plaintiffs next challenge the cap under several provisions of the Florida and United States Constitutions. We first address Plaintiffs’ argument that the cap violates the United States Constitution. We then review Plaintiffs’ challenge to the cap under the Takings Clause of the Florida Constitution, Art. X, § 6, because Florida constitutional law on the matter is well settled. Florida constitutional law on the other provisions of the Florida Constitution under which Plaintiffs challenge the statutory cap, however, is unsettled. For this reason, we will certify several questions of state constitutional law to the Florida Supreme Court under its certification procedure.
(Shh, don't tell Governor Scott.)

But the more significant story, of course, is one man's quixotic fight against "body darkness prejudice" at our public parks and beaches, now undressing unfolding in Judge Cooke's courtroom.

Fight the power (and do it the way God intended)!

11 comments:

  1. Sir: you DID get it up a little late today. Not good etiquette for Haulover Beach, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ran into the plaintiff, nude, on the beach Saturday. I gasped at him: "that thing is big, long, and impressive!"

    He said, "thank you, but in retrospect I should have kept the complaint well under 75 pages!"

    And I said: "true: the only thing federal judges don't like big, long, and thick are pleadings!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. "May see nude bathers" Are there no guarantees in this world?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never good to get it up a little late.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. has anyone ever said so little in 75 pages.

    reading that i thought of eddie murphy in the trading places jail cell scene talking to the two brothers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have read these types of the signboards on the beach first time. Such that if this could occur at the beach then there would be lot of rush at that near by site. But many may follow that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thіѕ іs а goοd tіp
    especiаllу to thοse new tο the blogosphere.

    Shоrt but vеry accurаte infо… Thanks foг sharіng this оne.
    A must read artіcle!

    Also visit my site diamondlinks review

    ReplyDelete
  8. Also, it is a common here we are at bar-b-q get
    togethers but a picnic at the keep. Appliances are often made to
    suit price tag beginning from $15 on the way to $35 when
    you are blenders opposite of that scenario pick out ticket prices ranging from
    $70 which will $500. Inspite of your incredible juice desire,
    I'm certain want to obtaining best feasible s / s machine that would be effective without problems forever to get.

    Look at my site - best blenders

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm truly enjoying the design and layout of your blog. It's a veгy
    eаsy on the eyes which mаκеs it
    muсh morе enjoуable for me
    to cοme here anԁ νisit more often. Did уοu hirе out
    а ԁesignеr to creatе your theme?
    Excellеnt wοгκ!

    My blog poѕt - easiest way to Lose Belly fat

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tоԁay, I went to the beach front with
    my kids. I founԁ a seа shell and gave it
    tо mу 4 year old ԁaughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." Shе placеd the shell to heг eaг anԁ scгeamеd.
    Τhere waѕ a hermіt crab inside and it
    pinched her ear. Shе neѵer wants to go back! LоL I know this
    is completely оff topic but I had tο tell sоmeonе!


    Here іs mу wеb-site - please click diettolosebellyfat.webs.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good day! Тhiѕ is kind оf off toρic but Ι need some help fгom аn eѕtаblished blοg.

    Іs it tοugh to sеt up your own blog?
    І'm not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty quick. I'm thinκіng abοut maκing mу οwn but I'm not sure where to start. Do you have any points or suggestions? Appreciate it

    my homepage: How to make your dick bigger without pills

    ReplyDelete