Tuesday, March 6, 2012

"I Have No Financial Problems, and My Firm Is Very Profitable."

That is so weird -- I don't know about you, but I wake up every morning and repeat the aforesaid affirmation exactly 36 times (double chai, bubbe!).

And it turns out I'm not alone:
Ruiz, a Miami attorney, wears many hats.

He hosts a Spanish-language Internet show "La Ley Con John H. Ruiz," runs a Latin cafe in one of his law offices and operates an eight-lawyer Miami law firm specializing in foreclosure defense, class action and personal injury.

Ruiz's sports broadcast venture largely has been fueled by fees from an estimated 8,000 foreclosure cases, as well as from multimillion-dollar settlements in some high-profile cases involving families of Chalks Airlines crash victims, thousands of GEICO drivers and plaintiffs in fen phen, Baycol and other pharmaceutical cases.

But a host of lawsuits, Florida Bar complaints, foreclosures and liens raise questions about whether the rapid growth of his diversified enterprises is outstripping his ability to sustain them. Ruiz insists those legal disputes bear no reflection on the financial strength of his businesses.

"I have no financial problems, and my firm is very profitable," he said.
Me too!

(Except we're always struggling to make payroll and I have all those lawsuits against me).

"I have no financial problems, and my firm is very profitable."
"I have no financial problems, and my firm is very profitable."
"I have no financial problems, and my firm is very profitable."

Repeat 33 more times.....

I feel much better now.

BTW, we should all have such problems.


Anonymous said...

Aw, c'mon. I'd prefer to keep commenting on the fuckwad from Hunton and Williams who pepper-sprayed his neighbors little dogs...

Anonymous said...

I don't know Mr. Ruiz, and I wish him well. All I can tell you is that his parents live a few blocks from me in a house he supposedly built for them. The house looks like a brothel, or the home of some tacky Latin American tin horn despot.

Anonymous said...

Cool! You live near a brothel!

Anonymous said...

No comment on Tannenturd?

Godwhacker said...

"Well, the moral of the story,
The moral of this song,
Is simply that one should never be
Where one does not belong.
So when you see your neighbor carryin` somethin`,
Help him with his load,
And don`t go mistaking Paradise
For that home across the road."

AKA "Stinkin Thinkin"

Shoot The Lawyers said...

"The house looks like a brothel. . ." Putting aside the fact that brothels have gone the way of record shops and bookstores, all the victims of internet technology, the image it evokes is funny. I picture some two story gaudy casa, pink chipped paint, bars on the windows, big circular driveway, with overgrown grass. Throw in some Spanish language radio station blaring music that can be heard 300 yards away and populated by twentysomething slightly plump chiquitas sitting around watching novelas and wolfing down Cuban pastries. Come Friday night, the driveway gets filled up with landscapers in their wagons tossing beer cans all over the sidewalk as they wait to get their weekly cheap thrill. As I said, all fantasy but hey, why let reality get in the way of a good laugh.

nancy rosas said...


nancy rosas said...


Anonymous said...

Fraud !!! Will take you're money charge you $500 a month for years while they do nothing and you're house will be foreclosed !!!