Thursday, April 19, 2012

"Nobody Threatens Elizabeth Wellborn."




That's what her husband allegedly said to employees wearing orange who were all fired at WPB attorney Elizabeth Wellborn's foreclosure shop, according to John Pacenti's fine reporting here.

I don't know what the problem was -- it certainly seems like a humanistic, loving work environment according to Donna Ballman, counsel for some of the fired employees:
Ballman said some of the fired employees were upset with policies such as no talking over cubicle walls even for business purposes. Workers suddenly had to explain why they were using the breakroom or if they worked one minute overtime or left one minute early.

"It was a lot of picayune stuff," Ballman said. "All of sudden, the firm went from a very pleasant and enjoyable place to one of very strict working conditions."
And at least there is some sense of regret over how things could have been handled differently:
"I wish former employees had not engaged in harassing, bullying and intimidating behavior. Then we would not have had to let them go."
Good thing the work itself is so enriching and life-affirming!

(PS -- I don't know for sure, but they may be hiring.)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Nobody Threatens Elizabeth Wellborn."

What a dbag the husband is for saying that.

The employees were probably fired after one of them might have complained about robo signing and other practices, or their wearing orange set off some strange pavlovian response in the attorney.

http://pro-se-litigate.blogspot.com/2010/09/elizabeth-r-wellborn-pa-foreclosure.html

Anonymous said...

nobody puts baby in the corner

South Florida Lawyers said...

Funny, I had that clip in there at first, but wound up switching it out.

Anonymous said...

Instead of hiring a PR fim, MS Wellborn would be better served hiring a competent labor lawyer.

Graham said...

It might have been better if they had decided to behave differently in the first place, then perhaps they wouldn't need PR firms or lawyers.

Graham said...

It might have been better if they had decided to behave differently in the first place, then perhaps they wouldn't need PR firms or lawyers.

Anonymous said...

I visited multiple web pages but the audio feature for
audio songs current at this web page is genuinely excellent.


my blog ... Www.phpfusion-support.de

galen nikolaidis said...

The workers were likely terminated after one of them were unsatisfied with robe signing and other procedures, or their putting on orange trigger some unusual Pavlovian response in the lawyer. Thanks for sharing this informative post. legal causation

Anonymous said...

Hi there every one, here every person is sharing these kinds of
familiarity, therefore it's pleasant to read this blog, and I used to go to see this webpage everyday.

my web blog arizona solar industry

Anonymous said...

It's an awesome piece of writing in favor of all the online visitors; they will get advantage from it I am sure.

Feel free to surf to my web-site ... icewall.hanyang.ac.kr

Anonymous said...

eхcеllent submit, verу іnformatiνe.
Ι wоnder why the otheг speсiаlistѕ of
this sеctor do not realize this. You must рroceed your writіng.
Ӏ am sure, уou've a huge readers' base alreаdy!


Heгe is mу web-sіte :: http://wiki.frysklab.nl

Anonymous said...

Usually I don't read article on blogs, however I wish to say that this write-up very pressured me to check out and do so! Your writing taste has been amazed me. Thanks, quite great post.

Also visit my page - dvd digital recorders

Anonymous said...

Hello there, I discovered your web site by way of Google even as looking for a related subject, your web site came up, it appears good.

I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.


Hello there, simply changed into aware of your blog through Google, and found that it's really informative. I'm gonna watch out for brussels.
I'll appreciate in the event you continue this in future. Numerous folks will likely be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

Stop by my web-site ... off grid solar power

Anonymous said...

Hey There. I discovered your weblog the use of msn.
That is a very smartly written article. I'll make sure to bookmark it and come back to read extra of your useful information. Thanks for the post. I'll definitely return.


my web site divinewineonline.com

Anonymous said...

If some one desires expert view regarding blogging
and site-building afterward i recommend him/her to pay a visit this web site, Keep up the good job.


Also visit my weblog Youtube video