Thursday, June 21, 2012

Finally -- Mandatory Service By Email!

Our  Supreme Overlords fine jurists in Tally have finally approved mandatory service by email:
[N]ew rule 2.516 provides that all documents required or permitted to be served on another party must be served by e-mail. Under subdivision (b)(1) (Service by Electronic Mail (―e-mail‖)), upon appearing in a proceeding a lawyer must designate a primary e-mail address, and may designate up to two secondary e-mail addresses, for receiving service. Thereafter, service on the lawyer must be made by e-mail. The rule does permit several limited exceptions to this requirement. A lawyer may file a motion to be excused from e-mail service, demonstrating that he or she has no e-mail account and lacks access to the Internet at the lawyer’s office.
Ok, I want to know what lawyer could possibly lack both an email account and internet connection?

Got it!



12 comments:

  1. Great news.

    Now I don't have to go to the office just to check my mail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I'm sorry, your Honor. I was listening to the magic voices coming out of this strange modern invention!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now, does this mean we are not required to serve paper pleadings?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fax is now officially dead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's a "fax"? Or is that a misspelling of "facts," which are also dead according to the Chicago Tribune? http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-04-19/news/ct-talk-huppke-obit-facts-20120419_1_facts-philosopher-opinion

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay SFL, what happens when I get into litigation with one of the many douches out there who like to spam me with political fundraising e-mails - almost uniformly I block the sender (unless I know them). Now, I get in a case with them...what then?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Also, the Lewis Tein webpage does appear to be down...what gives?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can I turn off my email at 5pm?

    ReplyDelete
  9. sound like a family law hack - turning off the fax at 5 pm.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anyone who needs a new idea to stay motivated
    should definitely try this. ' The picture is just as worrying for youngsters - by 2010, it's predicted 22 per cent
    of girls and 19 per cent of boys between the ages of two and 15 will be obese, with
    girls under 11 at particular risk. Having some company can
    also make the fitness session more fun.

    Feel free to surf to my web page http://sporty-u.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your style is unique in comparison to other people I have read stuff from.
    I appreciate you for posting when you've got the opportunity, Guess I'll just book mark this web site.


    Review my website; How To Find A Girlfriend

    ReplyDelete