Monday, July 23, 2012

Your Monday Morning Digital Dump!


 Hi kids, ready to kick the day into high gear?

Here's a potpourri of South Florida legal news to get you angry motivated:

1.  Terence Connor, dog neighbor, gets his case dismissed:
“This case was dropped after the woman who owned the dogs asked that we drop the . . .  case,” a spokesman for the state attorney told the website randompixels. “She indicated that she did not wish to proceed further and felt that this matter was basically a misunderstanding between neighbors that had gotten out of hand.

“Since she would have to play an essential role in any prosecution, we followed her wishes and dropped the case.”

Beatriz Llorente, Connor’s lawyer, declined to comment about the reasons for the latest development.

Said Connor’s alleged victim, University of Miami student Andrea Lopez: “I just wanted it to go away!”
I'm sure you're not the only one!

2.  Speaking of labor law, there are a lot of cases out there nowadays.

Oh hail, I just want to say hi to Kelly Amritt!

3.  Ervin Gonzalez happens.

4.  Florida's efforts to purge voters are a crock of #$$I:
When Miami attorney Lida Rodriguez-Taseff reached out to potential clients to challenge Governor Rick Scott's purge of noncitizens from Florida's election rolls, she says she found the opposition had gotten to them first.

She asked Miami-Dade County resident Maria Bustamante to join the litigation. Bustamante had been named on a statewide voter purge list even though she was a naturalized U.S. citizen from Colombia.

Bustamante, who became a citizen in 2006 and voted in 2008, wanted nothing to do with any lawsuit. She was afraid of being targeted after receiving a telephone call informing her she was ineligible to vote.

"The people on the list got calls," Rodriguez-Taseff said. "I talked to several people on the list who got calls from people who said, 'You are on this list. You are not allowed to vote.' They said, 'Yes I am," and they said, 'No you're not, fax me your papers.' Can you imagine?"

Grass roots groups, such as Texas-based True the Vote -- which supports the noncitizen voter purge -- denied targeting people over the phone.

Rodriguez-Taseff, a partner at Duane Morris in Miami, is affiliated with four nonpartisan civil rights groups battling what many voting rights activists and Democrats believe is an unprecedented effort to suppress the vote across the nation in a presidential election year.
 Thank you Lida!

5.   No surprise, but Rick Scott wants to get rid of some pesky Florida Supreme Court Justices:
Last year, with the tacit approval of Scott, Republican Speaker of the House Dean Cannon tried to dilute the power of the Florida Supreme Court by splitting it into two divisions. He also proposed increasing the minimum percentages of “yes” votes required for justices to remain on the bench under the current judicial merit retention system.

Both the split and the vote-percentage increase attempts failed. But a right-wing Florida non-profit corporation named Restore Justice 2012 has popped up in Orlando with an agenda that would suit Scott just fine — a campaign to oust moderate Florida Supreme Court Justices Fred Lewis, Barbara Pariente and Peggy Quince in their upcoming November 2012 retention vote for what it terms their continual pattern of “judicial activism.”
And how is your morning?

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelly can labor my law anytime.

Anonymous said...

its painful to look at listen to erwin. he's just so...mediocre and self promoting.

Anonymous said...

Have you ever considered about adding a little bit more than just
your articles? I mean, what you say is valuable and
everything. But think of if you added some great visuals or videos to give your posts more, "pop"!
Your content is excellent but with pics and videos, this
site could definitely be one of the greatest in its niche. Terrific
blog!

Check out my weblog: germany

Anonymous said...

Hello there, I found your web site by means of Google whilst searching for a related topic,
your site came up, it seems to be good. I've bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.
Hi there, just turned into alert to your weblog through Google, and found that it's truly informative.
I am going to be careful for brussels. I'll appreciate if you happen to continue this in future. Many folks might be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

my web-site ... vakantiehuisje huren

Anonymous said...

I loved as much as you'll receive carried out right here. The sketch is tasteful, your authored subject matter stylish. nonetheless, you command get got an nervousness over that you wish be delivering the following. unwell unquestionably come more formerly again since exactly the same nearly a lot often inside case you shield this hike.

Here is my web page gites frankrijk

Anonymous said...

Whats up very nice website!! Man .. Excellent .. Amazing ..
I will bookmark your web site and take the feeds
also? I'm satisfied to find so many helpful info right here in the put up, we need develop extra techniques in this regard, thank you for sharing. . . . . .

Check out my website - vakantiehuisje frankrijk

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it.
Look advanced to more added agreeable from you! By the way, how
could we communicate?

Also visit my page :: vacature arnhem

Anonymous said...

I blοg often and I truly thanκ уou for your сontent.
Your artіclе has гeallу pеakеd my interеѕt.
Ӏ am going to book maгk your ѕite and κeep сhеcking for new details about once a week.

I optеd in foг youг Fееd too.


Herе іs mу web sіtе phlebotomist schools in california

Anonymous said...

It's really a nice and useful piece of info. I am glad that you just shared this helpful information with us. Please stay us informed like this. Thank you for sharing.

Also visit my blog; x ray tech requirements

Anonymous said...

Τeгrifіc pоst howevеr I was
wanting to know if you coulԁ write a litte
moгe on thiѕ ѕubject? I'd be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit further. Many thanks!

Have a look at my website ... x ray certification

Anonymous said...

Hi there just wanted to give you a quick heads up and let you know a few of the pictures aren't loading correctly. I'm not sure why
but I think its a linking issue. I've tried it in two different internet browsers and both show the same results.

Feel free to surf to my blog; pharmacy technician certification in michigan

Anonymous said...

Hey There. I found your weblog the use of msn.
That is a very neatly written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and
return to learn extra of your helpful info. Thank you for the post.
I'll definitely comeback.

My page: huis huren frankrijk

Anonymous said...

Why users still use to read news papers when in this
technological globe all is available on web?

My weblog ... vakantievilla zuid frankrijk

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure why but this weblog is loading incredibly slow for me. Is anyone else having this issue or is it a issue on my end? I'll check back later and see if the problem still exists.



Here is my blog - luxe vakantiehuisjes huren []

Anonymous said...

Aw, this was a very nice post. Taking the time and actual effort to create a great article… but what can I say… I put things
off a lot and don't seem to get anything done.

Feel free to surf to my homepage vakantiehuisje frankrijk ()

Anonymous said...

Hey are using Wordpress for your site platform? I'm new to the blog world but I'm trying to get started and create my own.
Do you require any html coding expertise to make your own
blog? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

my website :: vakantiehuisje

Anonymous said...

Hurrah! In the end I got a blog from where I can really obtain valuable
facts concerning my study and knowledge.

Stop by my weblog; vakantiehuisje frankrijk