Wednesday, December 12, 2012

3d DCA Watch -- Mayor Giving Testimony = Irreparable Injury!



Hi kids, it's 12.12.12 blah blah blah.


Does anyone else find that boring?

In other news, give 'till it hurts.

Finally, the bunker dwellers -- per curiam -- grant a writ of certiorari and quash a deposition subpoena that the Dade County PBA served on Mayor Gimenez.

Seems to me the majority is applying the Mr. Fantastic jurisdictional test -- it's as elastic as it needs to be.

Would a Mayor testifying unnecessarily in a deposition really be irreparable harm?

Not according to Judge Corinas in dissent:
I would deny the petition for a writ of certiorari on the ground that the petitioners have not met their burden of showing irreparable injury.
Finally, RIP dear Mr. Shankar.




10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boring? In some way the date 12~12~12 is kind of cool.

Anonymous said...

It was cool the first 4000 times someone mentioned it. Then not so much.

Godwhacker said...

I just can't wait until 13~13~13! Oh wait, that's right. You bitches only have 12 months.

Anonymous said...

1:52, understandable but I still wish the owner of this awesome blog a Happy 12~12~12 Day.

Anonymous said...

Some insufferable loser - *cough* Rumpole *cough* - blogged about 12-12-12 12:12:12 in detail.

It's so obvious he's Jewish, with his constant rants about Judaism. You know what they say, you blog what you know.

france pope said...

Cheers!
Great post! Very informative.
Thanks for possibility to write on your website,
it's great!
I’m still hoping there will be more posts on this site.
Thanks a lot!

Business Lawyer Boston

Anonymous said...

Mr. Pope, please back away from the wine.

The Constant Complainer said...

I looked at my iPhone for 12:12 on 12/12/12. LOL. I thought it was going to be the end of the world. But then someone told me that it is the 21st. So I guess I have a few more days.

Anonymous said...

The Constant Complainer, please back away from the wine.

Anonymous said...

I bought the product after my hairdresser used it on my hair once. It was great. The hair stays smooth and frizz-free until your next wash. Don't have to worry about

doing it again the next day. Love it.