Monday, August 12, 2013

Let's Get Down to Business!



Greeting folks! Real Elvis won't be with you today, but Godwhacker is here to love you tender. I don't like Mondays. Sometimes I want to shoot the whole day down. But that's no reason to wallow in unproductivity. The weekend is gone, and we can't get it back. But the next one is just 5 short days away! My advice to you this morning is to be here now. 

Perhaps the Dalai Lama said it best.

“Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”
Don't be that person! Live here and live now. All it takes is 10 mindful minutes.




15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the video you posted, Godwhacker. Live in the now!!

South Florida Lawyers said...

Be here now.

Anonymous said...

Is this a law blog anymore?

Godwhacker said...

Yes, it's a law blog. But then, silly me, lawyers never do feel stress, do they?

Anonymous said...

Worst post on this blog ever.

Godwhacker said...

@12:45

Something tells me this is the post you really need.

Anonymous said...

Great post GW. Don't listen to the cranks.

Anonymous said...

Dude, I don't have 10 minutes to listen to your new age mumbo jumbo....i would rather pick my Jose in thus meeting I am in. For you, I will make an exception and stick my finger in my ass....it will be as equally calming, but will smell better than you new age "friends."

Anonymous said...

Touch screen phine...ease e,cuse typos.

Anonymous said...

Why stop with a finger?

Godwhacker said...

@2:55

The mind is an impressive piece of technology but it doesn't come with an owner's manual. As a young man I experimented with drugs that could take you to amazing places (without leaving the house). As a slightly older man I learned to access those places using alternative methods and meditation is one of them.

It is a way of both relaxing the mind and focusing the mind at the same time. The benefits are profound. There is no monetary cost. That's not hocus pocus or mumbo jumbo. It's cutting edge modern science.

@3:13
Indeed!

Anonymous said...

I like the post, and I listened to the video as I reviewed my bills on a file and all the .2s I spent receiving and reviewing various correspondence from opposing counsel requesting that I, in good faith, assist him in placing his own finger up his butt and things of that nature. I can surely use a 10 minute break now and again to reground myself. So, keep it up, but lets not get too Tom Cruise-y now space ace.

Godwhacker said...

Now Scientology, that's some BS.

South Florida Lawyers said...

I billed 4.9 for the video alone.

Maryam said...

Interesting article you have shared.
Spanish Fork Lawyers
Spanish Fork Attorney