Wednesday, October 30, 2013

RIP Judge David Glant

Retired Circuit Judge David A. Glant died Wednesday at age 63 after battling cancer for several years. Elected to the Circuit Court bench in 2002, Glant served on the 8th Judicial Circuit bench for 10 years before retiring this past summer. 
In an interview with The Sun in June after his surprise announcement, Glant said he was stepping down because he no longer could meet his own high expectations. 
“If I can’t give 100 percent to life-and-death decisions, I don’t have any business making them,” he said. “With the death penalty case that I’ve got, you have to be sharp and on top of everything, and I knew I wouldn’t be able to do that. I’m not going to dabble in somebody’s life if I’m not 100 percent. I’d have to live with myself if I made a bad decision, and I didn’t want to do that.”


No comments: