Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Maximum Goodman: Pour Some Sugar On Me!

Oh my lord -- this is like manna from heaven:
Iconic musician Carole King explained a simple and straightforward sentiment in her hit song, “It’s Too Late”: “And it’s too late, baby, now it’s too late/ Though we really did try to make it.”1 Otis Redding expressed a similar view in his “It’s Too Late” song: “But it’s too late/ It seems like it’s too late.”2 Eighteen years later, British hard rock band Def Leppard sang a similar refrain in “Too Late for Love”: “Is it all too late?/Much too late/ Can’t you see it’s all too late.”
But Judge -- only three song quotes seriatim -- why stop there?
Moreover, the Chipmunks said it best in their holiday classic, "The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don't Be Late)": "Want a plane that loops the loop/And I want a hula hoop/I can hardly stand the wait/Please Christmas, don't be late."  Kanye expressed a similar view in his ode to rough love, "Late": I'll be late for that/ I can't wait for that/I think I was made for that/So I'm comin' in when I feel like."  And the prodigal son, Julian Lennon, perhaps summarized the state of untimeliness jurisprudence with his wistful "Too Late for Goodbyes": "Ever since you've been leaving me, I've been wanting to cry/Now I know how it feels for you, I've been wanting to die/But it's much too late for good-byes, yes, it's much too late for good-byes."

 Yes it is, counsel, yes it is.  Which reminds me of a Beatles song.....
(BTW, love the clean way the songs are cited -- somebody is listening!)


Anonymous said...

"Pour Some Sugar On Me," that song is now stuck in my head.

Jim Peters said...

My dad is a lawyer and really loves working with other people. Sometimes his hours can get a little crazy. Last week he worked almost 60 hours and had to travel from Miami to New York. I have thought about pursuing this career as well. http://www.wwmklaw.com/

Anonymous said...

Worst lawyer spam ever.