Could this be a first in our multi-year coverage of the bunker?
A trial court getting the Kozel factors right, and properly applying them?
Following the hearing on the motion, the court announced its findings on the record and rendered an order which thoughtfully analyzed and applied the requisite factors under Kozel v. Ostendorf, 629 So. 2d 817 (Fla. 1993). The record contains competent substantial evidence to support the trial court’s order of dismissal, and we find no abuse of discretion.Yes, Virginia, there is a Judge Abby Cynamon!
(She's running for reelection btw -- help her out.)
Five things I overheard at Friday's excellent Appellate Jurisdiction Seminar:
(1) "Good afternoon Chief Judge Shepherd, you look very apodictic today!"
(2) "Can someone show me the mechanical room -- I need me some thighmaster."
(3) "Do you guys ever issue any PCAs"?
(4) "Excuse me, but my toilet just came unbolted."
(5) "Where exactly is the highway from here"?