Saturday, April 26, 2014

No Such Thing as Justice

I talked about gay marriage already this week, so I guess that means it's time for my second favorite topic, marijuana! I wanted to give some type of response to this news.
Florida's proposed medical marijuana amendment finally has a coordinated statewide opposition, led by the Florida Sheriffs Association and including a coalition of law enforcement and substance abuse groups. 
They are launching a campaign called "Don't Let Florida Go To Pot" to oppose Amendment 2, which would legalize marijuana for medical purposes. 
FSA President Sheriff Grady Judd of Polk County said people do not yet understand the ramifications of Amendment 2, and that's why the sheriffs association is stepping in.
Because when I want medical advice I always turn to my local Sheriff! 

Who better to counter the Florida Sheriffs Association than their comrades in arms, the good people at Law Enforcement Against Prohibition (L.E.A.P.)? Looking through the vast amount of materials and testimonials on their website I remembered a brilliant woman with whom I had the pleasure of acquaintance, Judge Eleanor Schockett, a board member of the organization. Sadly she is no longer with us, but via the magic of technology here she is to give us a little lesson in sanity.

1 comment:

  1. STOP GOP terrorism against marijuana consumers. Republican cops on steroids are alcoholic hypocrites.

    ReplyDelete