Friday, May 23, 2014

Happy Memorial Day & Stuff!

How's it going folks? SFL may or may not have had too much gin last night so I'm here to wish you all a happy Memorial Day! This is the day when we give thanks to all those who gave their lives for freedom sacrificed themselves on the alter of corporate profits for cheap resources and expanded access to foreign markets. To quote General Butler,
"War is a racket. It always has been. It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives. A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of the people. Only a small 'inside' group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few, at the expense of the very many. Out of war a few people make huge fortunes."

And seeing as how I've already gayed up the blog extensively this week, I'm not going to mention this, this, this, or this. But I will mention this. Standardized testing makes you gay? James Franko, there's hope for you yet!

Cheers, and have fun, within the realm of modern decency! (whatever that is)

9 comments:

  1. North Carolina was making some progress up until a few years ago. Now that the Republicans have a supermajority in the state senate and a GOP Governor they are sliding backward quickly. They have introduced a bill that would make it a felony to disclose the "trade secret" ingredients that make up the lubricant injected into the ground to allow for horizontal drilling, or fracking. Scary. I realize this is not in our backyard here in So FL (yet), but we are all reliant on the water table, and we will be looking to other geographic areas for our drinking water before too long. Should others around the country not be concerned that such precedent is being quietly set in NC?

    http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/05/19/nc-republicans-want-prison-time-for-revealing-what-frackers-are-pumping-into-the-ground/

    ReplyDelete
  2. We get our drinking water from the ground. That's the same place they inject the toxic fracking chemicals. The idea that they can't and won't mix is an idiotic fantasy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anyone that has children or grandchildren should take note. Things are being done RIGHT NOW that will forever impact the way the next generation lives. Remember that the people who continue to ignore climate science and resist renewable energy developments will be long dead and gone before our kids are living in Waterworld in another 50-100 years. It sounds hokie but we really can make a difference now by fighting against these small steps on the slippery slope.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sad fact 10:52 is that we have an entire political movement trained to disregard scientific fact.

    98% of scientists agree on the human caused climate change hypothesis. The other 2% work directly for oil companies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mean to the veterans Godwhacker?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @1:05

    I am a veteran and I'm nice to myself. The mean ones are those who send young men and women to die, not for self-defense but for monetary goals.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Madonna, the Queen of Pop still rules.

    Happy Memorial Day/Long Weekend, SFL, GW & GB

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't always agree with you GW, but no one uses hyperlinks so comically.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes indeed Princess!

    @12:08 Thanks! I aim to please and tease.

    ReplyDelete