Tan, ready, and rehabilitated:
Henry "Hank" Adorno, whose law firm collapsed after he mishandled a class action settlement, can practice law again.
The Florida Supreme Court on Wednesday reinstated Adorno's license, which was suspended for three years in October 2010.
Adorno once ran the nation's largest minority-owned law firm, Adorno & Yoss, with about 200 lawyers in offices scattered throughout the country.
But he was the target of a Florida Bar investigation for his handling of the city of Miami over an unconstitutional fire fee. The $7 million settlement was divvied up between his Coral Gables-based firm and seven people but delivered no refunds to Miami taxpayers.
Adorno strongly denied wrongdoing, but his law firm started unraveling.
Since then, he has been working in real estate development and living in South Carolina, said his friend and former Adorno & Yoss partner Charles Tatelbaum, now at Tripp Scott in Fort Lauderdale.
Adorno could not be reached for comment, but Tatelbaum said his friend deeply missed being a lawyer.Hail yes he misses being a lawyer -- "working in real estate development and living in South Carolina" -- that's punishment enough!
Sheesh, I'm glad they let the guy back in.