Monday, August 4, 2014

No Need to Troll, Judge -- We Got You!



I know it may seem like a Bob Dylan reference is a surefire way to get our attention (and it is!), but don't worry Judge G -- we like all of your references!
In his famous “The Times They Are a‐Changing” song, Bob Dylan advised listeners to “admit that the waters around you have grown and accept it that soon you’ll be drenched to the bone.” The consequences of major changes, the subject that Mr. Dylan was singing about, are at the heart of this Sherman Act antitrust lawsuit seeking several hundred million dollars in treble damages.
Nice!

But may I make a recommendation?

Listen, I love that song as much as the next Dylanphile, but the dude's released something like 75 albums and is still going strong -- his latest release looks very interesting btw.

Go deeper!  There's a whole station on Sirius devoted to "deep tracks" -- challenge us a little!

(We'll follow you, I promise.)

How's this:
In his epic, brooding 1976 release "Desire," Bob Dylan advised a mysterious "sister" that "when I come to knock on your door/Don't turn away you'll create sorrow/Time is an ocean but it ends at the shore/You may not see me tomorrow." Just as time is an ocean, so too is a lawsuit, and this one ends at the shore -- i.e., by my granting summary judgment.  You may see the 11th Circuit tomorrow.
I'm just riffing here.



7 comments:

  1. "They used to grow food in Kansas
    Now they want to grow it on the moon and eat it raw

    I can see the day coming when even your home gardens is gonna be against the law"

    Best pool music ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant. A string of strong posts SFL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite honestly - that Order is why I have no business thinking I would make a good federal judge - that is some complex tedious shit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't find contact info for you, but wanted to type you a note via Ning to let you know I really enjoy your posts/comments. I'm a fan and really enjoy them.

    Best Regards,
    Sydney Lawyers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your post really cool. I glad to be here. I enjoyed reading your articles and if allowed I want to bookmark your posts....

    South Florida Divorce Attorney


    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post
    Car Accident Lawyer
    Utah Car Accident Lawyer
    Car Accident
    car accident injury
    Lawyers in Utah

    ReplyDelete