Actually, I know who he is (thanks wiki!):
Less than a week after the New York Post published an article that was headlined, "Ex-Fugee rapper bailed on his own 9/11 benefit concert," Pras Michel has filed a $30 million defamation lawsuit that contends much of the story was untrue and damaging to him.
The article in question appeared on the NYP website on October 5 and reported that Pras didn't show up as the headliner for a 9/11 charity event in Hell's Kitchen to benefit his own foundation. The article also stated that Pras' Hope for Them foundation bounced a check to the venue, had falsely claimed MTV was sponsoring the event and failed to register the charity with state officials.
In Pras' complaint, filed on Wednesday in Broward County Court in Florida, Pras says he "has never owned nor been an owner, director or officer of the Foundation," that he never guaranteed a performance at the event and that the event had nothing to do with 9/11.Ok, so far I'm on board, but then I saw this about his damage claims:
Pras, who says in the complaint that he has dedicated much of his life to charity, aims to support such a high damage award with word that he is "currently in the process of attempting to effectuate major transactions that possess international importance."That doesn't seem the least bit speculative!
If anyone has a copy of the complaint filed in Broweird County, pass it on.
Thanks to a devilishly handsome and talented civil litigator (you know who you are) I present to you: the complaint!