Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Magistrate Judge Goodman's 115th Dream!


It's almost concert time (sold out!) so I decided to take a completely benign order from Magistrate Judge Goodman and turn it into a more fitting Goodman-esque tribute to the craggy-voiced/faced Bard of Duluth:
Plaintiff Enrique Collado (“Collado”) filed his Amended Complaint on June 21, 2014, alleging that Defendants failed to pay him and other similarly situated employees the overtime rate for hours worked beyond forty hours a week (Count I) and/or a minimum wage (Count II), in violation of the Fair Labor Standards Act, 29 U.S.C. § 201, et seq. (“FLSA”). [ECF No. 36]. According to the Amended Complaint, J&G Transport is a Florida corporation that transports, inter alia, garbage, debris, mulch, sugar, sugar cane, and molasses exclusively within the State of Florida. [ECF No. 36, ¶ 10]. J&G Transport allegedly employed Collado from 2013 to 2014 as a truck driver hauling
garbage, debris, or mulch. [ECF No. 38‐1, ¶ 2].
I was truck-driving for Defendants
When I transported debris across some land
I yelled for Fair Labor Standards
I have yuh understand
Who came running to the deck
Said, “Boys, forget the mulch, sugar, sugar cane, and molasses
Look on over yonder
Cut the engines
Change the forty-hour work week
Haul on the lawline”
We filed that amended complaint
Like all tough plaintiffs do
When they are in the Southern District


2 comments:

fake Bobby D said...

I'll sing this just for Jonathan!

Singapore criminal lawyers said...

Its really cool.. after a long time
"I was truck-driving for Defendants
When I transported debris across some land
I yelled for Fair Labor Standards
I have yuh understand"