Wednesday, July 15, 2015

How Cute -- You Found a Typo On the Internet!


Is there anything more ponderous than a self-proclaimed "grammar Nazi" who triumphantly brings to the world's attention minor typographical or grammatical errors in casual, conversational settings?

I pride myself in putting out high quality, carefully edited product in my professional life, and I get down on myself if a typo slips through (life happens!) after it's been filed.

But I'm talking about the frequent commenters on FB, Insti or elsewhere who love to tell everyone how important grammar is to them and gleefully gloat when they've identified a minor errer error in a nonprofessional, more casual environment.

Really, how does that advance the ball?

I saw one just the other day, in a very heartfelt post about the loss of a pet, and some idiot had to post a comment *mysteries.

God I sound like Skip Reming Andy Rooney some other old crank.

I'm gonna try to rebound for the 3d DCA post......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rigbt on

Anonymous said...

It was my associate who noticed the typo! I swear! You know I don't actually "draft" or "revise" (.2).

-GB

Godwhacker said...

Your supposed to put the battery in the dildo, not commit battery with the dildo is just as funny as You're supposed to put the battery in the dildo, not commit battery with the dildo.