Monday, December 14, 2015

"I'm Going to Disney World" (With a Snub-Nosed Revolver Loaded With Five Hollow-Point Bullets)!

I'll admit when I was younger I brought contraband into the Magic Kingdom -- for example, in high school we somehow thought it was a good idea to light up inside the Haunted Mansion (I even offered the Hitchhiking Ghosts a hit!) -- but back then people smoked cigarettes inside restaurants, had unprotected sex all the time, and threw their kids in the backseat without any seatbelt concerns (how did we survive the 70s?).

Later on, as my interests and focus evolved, I brought in illegal chicken nuggets for my family  -- no way I'm paying $300 for warmed over fried Disney!

But a Miami lawyer had a different idea:
A Miami man is accused of carrying a handgun outside Disney's Magic Kingdom last week, an incident that ended with a deputy chasing him with his service weapon drawn, records show.

Andrew Gerson, a 36-year-old attorney, faces a charge of illegally carrying a concealed firearm. His concealed-carry license expired a decade ago, on June 14, 2005, records show.

A security guard checking bags at an entrance to the Magic Kingdom on Dec. 4 noticed a strange bulge in Gerson's pants, records show.

She asked Gerson if there was anything in his pants. He didn't respond at first, then said it was his anatomy, records show.

As the security guard turned to ask a male co-worker to speak with Gerson, Gerson walked away from her. She called an Orange County deputy and said she worried he was trying to bring a gun into the park.

The deputy followed Gerson for about 100 yards. Gerson turned to make eye contact with the deputy, then pulled out his cellphone and started running away, records show.

The deputy pulled out his gun and chased Gerson, yelling at him to stop, records show.

Moments later, Gerson stopped. The deputy asked him if he had a gun, and he said that he did.  Gerson got on his knees, and the deputy arrested him and confiscated the gun. 
According to the story, he said it was his anatomy?

What -- a herniated disc? -- I'm not following.

Then he allegedly made a run for it, and finally got on his knees?

This all seems fairly innocent, though -- the dude just wanted to be ready for those Hitchhiking Ghosts (this is almost 2016, everyone shoots to kill nowadays.....).


Anonymous said...

Crazy or very stupid, only possible explanations.

Anonymous said...

He is an H&K alum!!!

Godwhacker said...

TSA always thinks I'm packing. I let them squeeze to know that it's all me, which I don't usually mind if they're cute.

Anonymous said...

Can Spencer get involved? Seems ready made for him.

Anonymous said...

Above the Law did a nice piece on your story: