Monday, February 15, 2016

RIP Justice Scalia

From Ruth Bader Ginsburg;
"From our years together at the D.C. Circuit, we were best buddies. We disagreed now and then, but when I wrote for the Court and received a Scalia dissent, the opinion ultimately released was notably better than my initial circulation. Justice Scalia nailed all the weak spots -- the 'applesauce' and 'argle bargle' -- and gave me just what I needed to strengthen the majority opinion."

From Jim Obergefell:


From Ted Cruz:
"It has been 80 years since a Supreme Court vacancy was nominated and confirmed in an election year. There is a long tradition that you don't do this in an election year."

RIP

1 comment:

Spencer's World said...

Dear Mr. President:

For too long the Supreme Court has ignored the doctrine of forum non convenience for cruise ship passengers injured by the total criminal negligence of super corporation cruise ship owners.

You can address this inequity.

I am a cruise ship plaintiff's attorney of some renown. (BTW if you're thinking of taking a post presidency cruise next January, I highly recommend against it. These things tip over, Hunta Virus, and you have Gladys and Ira from LaCrosse Wisconsin chasing you all over the ship for a week for an autograph and at sea there's little hope to hide.)

I am young, healthy (cross fit bro) photogenic- a certifiable you-tube star, and lets just say we see eye-to-eye on lots of issues.

I am placing my name in contention for the supreme court judgship for the late departed Nino scalia.

Want a confirmable candidate?
A nice jewish boy from Miami- you can't do much better than that. You make the call and I'll bring the ruggalah to the white house bubby.

Awaiting coordination from your office of legal affairs, I remain,

Your Obt svt

Spencer Aronfeld.