Monday, August 1, 2016

Inside Roger Ailes (It's Worse Than You Think).


It's not surprising that longtime GOP operative/Fox News honcho Roger Ailes allegedly sexually mistreated women in the work place, but the sick details of an alleged 20-year-long sexual and mental abuse of a young attractive staffer take things to another level.

I mean, what kind of pathetic misogynistic power-mad little prick do you have to be (allegedly):
When she had finished dancing, Ailes told her to get down on her knees in front of him, she said, and put his hands on her temples. As she recalled, he began speaking to her slowly and authoritatively, as if he were some kind of Svengali: “Tell me you will do what I tell you to do, when I tell you to do it. At any time, at any place when I call. No matter where I call you, no matter where you are. Do you understand? You will follow orders. If I tell you to put on your uniform, what are you gonna do, Laurie? WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO, LAURIE?” Then, she recalled, his voice dropped to a whisper: “What are you, Laurie? Are you Roger's whore? Are you Roger's spy? Come over here.” Ailes asked her to perform oral sex, she said.
Later, Ailes showed her the footage of her dancing. She asked him what he intended to do with it and, she says, he replied, “I am going to put it in a safe-deposit box just so we understand each other.". . .
They met in the afternoons, she said, usually at the DoubleTree in Times Square, sometimes the Renaissance — Fox people preferred the Muse. “It was always the on-my-knees, hold-my-temples routine. There was no affair, no sex, no love,” she said. Ailes continued to give Luhn cash afterward. . . ."
Nice guy, he allegedly then moved on to making her recruit other young attractive staffers, once she apparently ceased to be one in his eyes.

Is it wrong to generalize?

I guess.

But it's hard to not shake the view that there is some alignment here between the personal, the professional, and the political, and it ain't pretty.

Good thing he'll land on his feet.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Imagine if that was your daughter, he's a pig.

Godwhacker said...

Those poor poor women, why I'd rather die...

Cocaine Princess said...

RE "Are you Roger's spy?"

He's sounds like some sort of demented & twisted James Bond.

I totally agree with @4:15

Anonymous said...

Bill Clinton is a Republican now?

Anonymous said...

Bill's a lover, big diff!

Anonymous said...

Not comparable.

Anonymous said...

Juanita Broaddrick, Paula Jones, and Kathleen Willey would disagree.