Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Judge Ungaro Would Crack the Whip

You don't know how many times that thought has crossed my mind.

Kudos to young David Markus, who is plugged in regarding federal court and criminal matters, is younger and more energetic (in the practice of law), and comes from the very best tradition of Miami trial lawyer stock, for scooping me on this story. 

Judge Ungaro is my obsession, my muse, mine a Judge before whom I have practiced in state and federal court for a long time and for whom I have the utmost respect. I thought I knew her better but not as well as I desire than David.
 
"Wickedly" smart.  Judge Ungaro would "whip" that [U.S. Attorney's] office "into shape." 

Well said, David.
 
If this appointment happens, I will heed the advice I received from Soia Mentschikoff so long ago, that criminal law is filled with pain, suffering and sacrifice but in the end is so very rewarding and abandon my bankruptcy practice to become an assistant United States attorney, supporting Judge Ungaro in whatever way she demands. 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I'd forgotten how cute Mickey Rourke looked back in the day.

    I don't understand why so many people went crazy over "50 Shades of Grey," it was so over-rated. I didn't like it.
    "9 1/2 Weeks" put that film to shame. RIP Zalman King.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And Verhoeven. These guys knew exactly what they were doing.

    ReplyDelete